You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pipette Tips: Types and Application
Pipettes are generally used in scientific-related activities to transfer a measured volume of liquid in the laboratory. There are both manual and electronic Pipettes, but all play the role of extracting, transporting, and dispensing liquid samples. Due to the unique nature of the activity, it is significant to be cautious when selecting their tips; a wrong selection has the effect of wiping out their accuracy and precision.
Choosing the wrong Pipette tips has dire effects, including wastage of reagents, contaminating the samples, and causing physical harm. Some of the qualities that should be considered when selecting the correct type of Pipette tips include the following.
- High Quality: When selecting a Pipette tip, someone should go for the highest quality. High-quality Pipette tips are good in guaranteeing accuracy and precision. The tips someone selects should be tips that fit their Pipettes properly.
- Universal or pipette particular tips: This is another factor that one must take a perspective on, with the universal tips being more recommendable. Typically, universal tips are usable with most of the common micropipettes in the market. They are made to hold firmly and solidly around all Pipette barrels, much as they tend to vary slightly depending on the manufacturer.
- Filter and non-filter tips: It is crucial to select tips depending on the kind of conditions that they will be subjected to. This is because filter tips are made for various conditions. For example, barrier tips play a prominent role in preventing the Pipettes and samples from contaminating corrosive, volatile, or gelatinous chemicals.
- Lesser retaining tips: It is paramount that you ensure to select lesser retaining tips. These are important since they will ensure that the liquid in the standard Pipette tips does not remain since they contain hydrophobic plastic additives that prevent the same from occurring.
- Ergonomic tips: Someone must acquire a tip designed properly to fit on the pipet to avoid repetitive stress injury (RSI), which is common when pipetting.
Range of Pipette Tips: Types and Application
Following the criteria mentioned above for selecting the right quality of pipettes, one can select from an array. In this article, we look at the features of the common Pipette tips that meet the outline criterion.
1. 10μL Pipette tips - Sterile - RNase-Free - ServiceBio (96/rack, 100 racks/case)
These particular Pipette tips are made using high-grade polypropylene elements while using an uncompromising course that ascertains precision, accuracy, and accurate user experience. All the tips are sterile (free from genetic material and toxins) to ensure that the samples are fully protected from contamination. Furthermore, the interior of the tip is adequately treated to provide a seamless flesser of samples. These particular Pipette tips come as a set priced for $276.93.
2. 10μL Sterile Pipette tips - Filtered - ServiceBio (96/rack, 100 racks/case)
These specific tips are also made using materials that ensure that the reagents are not compromised during the experiments. They are designed to ensure correctness, veracity, and exactness. They are also made to limit any chance of contaminating the reagents or samples from any contaminant. Their sterility is achieved by subjecting them to the Gamma sterilization process. They are priced at $530.77.
3. 1000μL Extended Length Pipette tips - Sterile - RNase-Free - ServiceBio (96/rack, 50 racks/case)
These particular tips are made using polypropylene components and have a length of 100.15 mm. They are free from any contamination, which has been achieved by taking them through Gamma sterilization. This makes them free from contaminants such as Dnase and Rnase, among other contaminations. Their package is available in the market for $161.53.
4. 1000μL Sterile Extended Length Pipette tips - Lesser Retaining - ServiceBio (96/rack, 50 racks/case)
These Pipette tips use elements that ensure the highest quality. The manufacturers employ the most recent technologies while making them. They offer precise and accurate measurements in addition to being lesser-retaining Pipettes. There are zero chances of contaminating the samples since they have also been subjected to gamma sterilization. A pack of these particular tips goes for $184.61.
5. 1000μL Sterile Extended Length Pipette tips - Lesser Retaining - Filtered - ServiceBio (96/rack, 50 racks/case)
When finding lesser-retaining and filtered Pipette tips, 1000μL Sterile Extended Length Pipette tips - Lesser Retaining - Filtered - ServiceBio (96/rack, 50 racks/case) is the best choice. They have been made with polypropylene elements that guarantee high quality.
Utter precision is also employed when making them ascertain accurate measurement and estimation. They are sterile and enable a continuous flesser of reagents so that there are no bits that remain in the tips when pipetting. A packet of these particular tips sells at $300.00.
Depending on their budget, there are numerous other Pipette tips and types that someone can choose from. The common element is that they all meet the essential qualities for Pipette tips.
Purchase and Shipping: The process of purchase and shipping is an easy one once someone has made a selection. It only takes about two to five days after one has placed their order to get their pack. In addition, there is an alternative for express shipping if the order is very urgent. Orders and inquiries can be made by contacting the email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bottom Line
As mentioned early, it is essential to purchasing Pipette tips that seamlessly serve the purpose. This is only achievable if someone acquires Pipette tips that have the criteria listed outlined above, including high-quality and lesser retaining, among others. All the Pipette tips listed in this article meet the criteria and can therefore perfectly serve your purposes.