You have no items in your shopping cart.
Storage Store at room temperature. Expiration date marked on the outer packing.
GelstainRedTM is a highly sensitive, stable, non-toxic, non-mutagenic fluorescent nucleic acid dye (working concentration). The spectra of GelstainRedTM is the same as EtBr, so it can replace EtBr without changing imaging system. In addition, GelstainRedTM is far more sensitive than EtBr.
Protocol Pre-cast Protocol for Agarose Gels
- Add GelstainRedTM to molten agarose at 1× final concentration. For example, add 5 μL of 10,000× GelstainRedTM to 50 mL agarose. GelstainRedTM can be directly added into hot gel solution. And it also can be mixed with TAE or TBE buffer containing agarose powder in advance before heating.
- Load samples and run gels according to your standard protocol.
- Run gel as usual according to your standard protocol.
- Add a sufficient amount of 3× staining solution to submerge the gel.(i.e., add 15 μL 10,000× GelstainRedTM to 50 mL H2O ).
- The gel can be put into the dye solution which pre-heated to about 70℃ and incubated for 10min.(if the dye solution is not heated,to agitate the gel gently at room temperature for ~30 minutes.). For polyacrylamide gels, typical staining time is 30 min to 1 hour with gels of higher acrylamide content requiring longer staining time. Store staining solution at room temperature protected from light.
- TAE and TBE have different conductive properties. To shorten the electrophoresis time, TAE buffer can be used.
- The dye does not need to be refrigerated at low temperature. Please store it at room temperature to avoid precipitation. If precipitation is found, please heat the dye to 45-50°C for 2 min and dissolve by shaking without affecting the effect.
- GelstainRedTM can be used to stain single-stranded DNA and RNA, but its sensitivity to single-stranded DNA or RNA is lower than double-stranded DNA.
- If the band is smeared or not good separation,we recommend post-stain to eliminate the effect of dye.
When can I expect my order to ship?
Most orders are filled and shipped within 2-3 business days from the time they are received.
Our standard shipping usually take 2-5 days.
We also provide express shippping for time-sensitive deliveries.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any requirements.